Senior Center Reopening Day!!
- 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
The Senior Center will be reopening with limitations on Monday, May 3rd, 2021. As the safety of our participants and staff is our number one concern and responsibility, our reopening will be in phases. We appreciate your patience with us as we navigate the “new” normal. Here are the guidelines that we will follow through our Phase 1 reopening. We ask that you familiarize yourself with these guidelines prior to returning to help ensure the safety and well-being of all of our participants and staff. We are excited to finally welcome you back to our campus!!
Phase 1 Senior Center Reopening Guidelines:
- The Senior Center will be open with limited activities and hours of operations. We will open at 9:00am and close at 3:00pm to allow staff time to prepare and clean the building each day. The Senior Center will be CLOSED on Wednesdays during this phase to allow for deep cleaning. Please note that staff will be cleaning and sanitizing high touch surfaces throughout the day as well.
- All participants will be required to have their temperature taken prior to entering the building or when you first enter the door. A health questionnaire will be required when signing in to the My Senior Center computer.
- Participants will be given a stylus (touch pen) once they have entered the building to sign in to the My Senior Center computer. The stylus is yours to keep, but please remember to bring it with you each day.
- Face masks are required on our campus at all times. You are encouraged to bring your own mask and hand sanitizer. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided to you as long as we have them available. Hand sanitizing stations are placed throughout the Senior Center for your use.
- Class sizes will be limited with some classes having two options for participation. These classes will require advance registration.
- Participants MUST sign up by phone to use the exercise room, billiards table and computer lab. Please call 336-246-4347 to sign up.
- Exercise with Janet and Yoga classes will be offered at two different times. You will need to sign-up for these classes.
- During this phase, no inside congregate meals will be allowed. Drive through meals will be available with tables being placed outside in the event you would like to eat here at the center. You MUST call in the day before by 2:00pm to reserve your meal. Please call 336-246-4347. You may choose to tailgate in the parking lot, eat in your car, or on the lawn. It is your responsibility to maintain proper social distancing at all times.
- Anyone who is feeling sick is encouraged to stay home.
- Signage will be posted throughout the Senior Center in reference to guidelines set forth by the State and CDC.
- Participants must sign an agreement stating they will follow all of the guidelines.