Ashe Services for Aging's Mission is to provide services, intergenerational activities, and opportunities to the elderly and disabled adults of Ashe County that enhance their dignity and help them maintain their independence at home.
What do our Clients think about what we do? Click HERE
To see photos of our facilities, services, and clients, please Click HERE.
The 2020 Ashe County Volunteer Awards
Ceremony is coming up soon. Nominate someone to be recognized by submitting the application form here
by February 21st, 2020.
To view our Volunteer Brochure, please click HERE
To view our latest Volunteer Newsletter, please click HERE
We could not provide such a large quantity of quality services without the help of our volunteers! Some of the volunteer opportunities at ASA include:
- Meals on Wheels Driver
- Senior Center Reception Desk
- Senior Center Activities
- Adult Day Program
- Child Day Care
All prospective volunteers need to submit an application. Download HERE.
Benefits of Volunteering include:
- to feel needed
- get to know the community
- to keep busy
- to learn something new
- to help a friend
- to make new friends
- for fun
- to feel connected
- to enjoy helping others
Junior Volunteer Program
- Ashe Services for Aging Junior Volunteer Program begins the week after school is released for summer break and will last approximately 8 weeks or until school resumes in August (same applies for home schooled youth)
- Eligible youth may participate during the summer before entering ninth grade through eleventh grades and must be at least 14 years of age.
- Placement and approval of junior volunteers will be at the discretion of Community Resource Coordinator, Area Supervisors, and ASA Executive Director.
- Junior volunteers will be placed in the following areas only: Home Delivered Meals, Senior Center, Adult Day Care, Child Day Care, and with Specific Senior Center Events.
- Junior volunteers will be placed only in areas with a specific need and/or immediate need as requested by area supervisors and approved by Executive Director.
- Transportation will not be provided for junior volunteers.
- Junior volunteers will not be allowed to volunteer more than 4 hours per day Monday thru Friday. Other volunteer hours must be approved by Supervisor, Community Resource Coordinator and Executive Director.
Junior Volunteers Must:
Submit a completed application, Provide 3 references, & Attend an interview w/Community Resource Coordinator.
The Community Resource Coordinator will keep a record of volunteer hours and turn a copy into the high school counselor's office. Only the hours contributed following the written guidelines will be counted toward high school graduation requirements.
If you would like to help or need more information, please call Terri Hopkins, Community Resource Coordinator at 336-246-4347 or email firstname.lastname@example.org