On Thursday evening, April 21st, 2022, the Ashe County Volunteer Initiative and the Ashe County Board of Commissioners held the 37th Annual Ashe County Volunteer Awards to show their appreciation for all of the amazing volunteers in Ashe County that make such a huge difference for our county!
The event was held at Generations Ashe and was a drive-thru event. The JAM (Junior Appalachian Music) students played during the drive-thru event and were amazing. JROTC students from the high school also came and helped direct traffic, keeping everything flowing smoothly. 395 volunteers were nominated to be recognized and 10 of those 395 were selected as Volunteers of the Year.
- Jon Parker, Individual Category Winner
- The Taylor Family, Family Category Winner
- The Ashe County Heart Association, Group/Team Category Winner
- Lilliana Mayberry, Youth Category Winner
- Patricia “Trish” Edwards, Senior Category Winner
- Sally Blevins, Perseverance in Volunteerism Award
- Larry Lewis, Faith Based Category Winner
- Riverview Community Center, Corporate/Business Category Winner
- Jessie Dixon, National Service Category Winner
- Sherry Lambert, Director of Volunteers Winner
Thank you to ALL of Ashe County’s wonderful volunteers. It was an honor to recognize you and all of the incredible contributions that you give to the community each and every day!